Mike Reynolds Journalism Scholarship
The 2014 application period is now open. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND APPLY Deadline to apply is May 2, 2014.Scholarship Management System provided by WizeHive
MIKE REYNOLDS JOURNALSIM SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANT CRITERIA:
- Must be officially enrolled in college and have at least one full academic year remaining.
- Must be a fully enrolled college sophomore or higher to receive scholarship.
- Must apply for only one scholarship.
- May be enrolled in any major so long as your intent is a career in electronic journalism.
REQUIRED ITEMS FOR MIKE REYNOLDS JOURNALSIM SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS:
1. A completed application form submitted online only.
2. A cover letter, submitted with the online application including these topics:
- Discuss your current and past journalism experience.
- Describe how you would use the funds if you were to receive the scholarship.
- Discuss your choice to pursue a career in electronic journalism.
- Include in your cover letter 3-5 links to your best and most relevant work samples to the scholarship for which you are applying. Work samples should be broadcast (television/radio) or online news pieces. Entrants are encouraged to upload their work samples to sites like YouTube, Vimeo, Sound Cloud and other platforms, then inlude links to these samples in the cover letter. Entrants are also encouraged to provide a link to their personal website, if this is available, or social media platforms if they are used professionally. Please discuss your role in each of the pieces (producer, editor, reporter, etc).
3. A letter of recommendation from your dean, faculty advisor or intership advisor, submitted with online application.
Past Mike Reynolds Journalism Scholarship Recipients
2013 Amanda Roley | YouTube | Work
2012 Sarah Sax, University of Southern California Click here to view Sarah's work
2011 Jonathan Ketz, University of Missouri